Monday, June 6, 2011

Refreshing Rain

I can almost hear the trees, grass, bushes, and shrubs sigh in relief.

God gave us the sweetest rain shower this evening.

It was a surprise rain.
It fell gently and steady.

Shep was busy cutting the grass with a trail of dust behind him when it began.

We couldn't stand it...we had to get out in it and play, twirl, run, dance, and smile for the brief respite from the blazing heat.

We have had record highs in the mid 90's for several straight weeks. There has been no relief at all. No rain in the forecast.





Then, out of nowhere, it blew in and changed our day.

Isn't that just like God?

I believe He loves to surprise us in all kinds of ways.






















For us~ it was the simple delight of a summer (much needed) shower.

Creator God~we thank You for the rain. It was short and sweet but somehow...just enough. We love that You surprise us! Keep us grateful for simple pleasures. I have heard it said and written that You even smell like the scent of rain. Why would I be surprised at all that even Your fragrance brings with it refreshing and renewal. This evening the colors took on a different hue; they were brighter and deeper at the same time. It was as if they wanted to be more brilliant for the One who gives them life.

Deuteronomy 32:2
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.

2 comments:

Mande said...

That picture of zeke and Caroline exchanging the most precious looks between one another
is my favorite ever!!! It didn't even rain over here:-(! Glad y'all got some!

Leslie Beck Shoemaker said...

I love these pictures of your babies playing in the rain! So sweet!

We didn't get any rain here. I used to hate rain but my attituted changed when I lost my grandfather back in April. He always believed that in Heaven each person has a job and he always wanted his job to be helping with the rain. I find comfort now in the thunder and the rain because I know my Papa is helping out with all of that!