Saturday, June 4, 2011

Standing Guard

It is hard to believe that two weeks of summer vacation are already gone.

We have had 4 visits from the tooth fairy, enjoyed swimming in pools and at a lake, watched a magic show, played with friends, worked on fun crafts, AND critiqued some new movies.

God has been graciously present in our home. I am so grateful that He tenderly cares for me and my fears that gripped me. He knows how I try to juggle and manage my life. He also knows that without His help I will fail miserably. He has made sure that I know each and every blessing I have comes directly from His hand. A lot of these blessings are people.....you know who you are! My heart overflows with thankfulness for you.

This year has been a marked change for me because I have been intentional about memorizing scripture. My friend, Tess (who lets me mentor her) suggested that we do the Beth Moore challenge of learning a new verse every two weeks. So far...so good.

Even though I am getting a fresh dose of God's Word burned into my heart and mind does not make me immune the enemy's schemes. I think he comes at us a little bit harder.

I have mentioned before that God has us in a place of living and waiting.

Life doesn't stop. Work doesn't stop. Church doesn't stop. Life is going right along....but we are in a pattern of waiting.

It is hard and I still hate it.

I am beyond ready for the waiting to be over and done.

We are waiting on several things. This requires and builds perseverance, patience, faith, and trust. These things are vital to living out our faith. But who seriously signs up to learn this traits?

The only way to learn.....wait it out.

Anyway, my daily devotions the past few days have centered around peace and trust. The author wrote some simple but powerful words that I wanted to share...

"Fears and worries will encircle you, seeking entrance, so you must stay alert. Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold."

This was such a great word for me personally. Sometimes I forget to stay alert. Other times I am tired of staying alert. Whatever the reason, I give my fears and worries a place to enter my mind and sabotage my trust.

This small passive act gives the enemy a huge advantage in my day.

Oh God help me be intentionally guarded with trust and thankfulness. I want to stand, fully armored and ready, for the day you place ahead of me. Let my mouth constantly speak of Your blessings in my life. I am deserving of none, but truly grateful for all. Lord, help me be courageous in the midst of my circumstances. The weak side of me wants to shrink back, fall away and give up. I want to live each day empowered by Your Holy Spirit. Help me to do this. Please forgive me for not trusting You enough. Forgive my selfishness and pride. Increase my faith and help me not to waver during this season of waiting. Your purpose will prevail. I love you Lord.

No comments: