Monday, May 30, 2011

I would have been his stalker...

We have been happily hitched for 13 years today!

But, if he had not asked me to marry him....then yes, I would have been his stalker.













I am seriously crazy about this man.

I can't help but get totally sappy about him. And this is MY blog so if sappy offends you then stop reading now.

Thankfully he met me at the altar 13 years ago and we sealed the deal.

We slipped off yesterday for a night and went to Chattanooga. We took the motorcycle, slept in, saw a movie, ate delicious food, and enjoyed carrying on a conversation without the many many interruptions that our 3 adorable kids often provide.

He still gives me the shivers.

When we were first dating and I knew I was going to go meet him...I would pull up to his drive and my arms would have chill bumps. I would smile like a goofball and butterflies were always floating in my tummy.

Yes, he seriously did that to me.

Thirteen years have changed some things. But not the way I feel about him.

My love and respect for him has only grown and intensified as I have watched him handle and deal with the life God has given us.

I love him immeasurably.
I trust him explicitly.

At his side is my favorite place.

I love that he sings all the time.
I love that he wears overalls to cut our grass.
I love that he is an amazing story-teller.
I love his loyalty to family and friends.
I love that he is a hard worker.
I love that he cries when he talks about Jesus.
I love that my kids light up when they see him.
I love his charm.
I love his wit.
I love his nature.
I love his smell.
I love his voice.

You don't have time for everything else.

Thank you Lord for the man of my dreams. He still is. I ask for Your favor and blessing on this next year of our marriage. We want so desperately to honor You. We want our marriage to please you and encourage others. We want to raise our children as a team and teach them how to love You with all of their hearts. Show us how to do that. Convict us of sin that we aren't award of or ignore. Mature our faith and give us grace and courage to obey You. Thank you for the joy of these past 13 years. Strengthen us and bind us together even more. Amen.

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

I remember, back when you two were dating......you always looked like you were made for each other!!!!!
God is sooooo good!!!
Happy Belated Anniversary.
love and blessings,