Friday, May 13, 2011

MISSION: MADE POSSIBLE

God has been arranging some summer plans for me these past couple of weeks and I finally want to share it....mainly to solicit your prayer support.

Our church has been focusing on several mission trips for this year.

One group has gone to the Ukraine.
One group is going to Brazil.
One group is going to St. Vincent.....and I will be part of that group!

Yikes!! Makes me smile and want to puke all at the same time.

I would never call myself "mission-minded". Shame on me. I do like to talk about some Jesus to people but I am just fine for those conversations to stay in my city and county.

This trip really didn't peak my interest at all.

The pastor announced it several times and I just nodded and went on to the next thing. I was obviously thinking to myself that God had all of that handled and I was happy that He didn't need or want my help.

The next trigger for me was that one of my best friends felt strongly led to go on the trip.

Immediately I thought, "Good for her. I can ask her for updates and pray. That will be me playing a part through her~all without having to leave any Georgia soil."

I still didn't feel conviction for not wanting to go or anything like that.

She would share her excitement about going and what she would learn from her training meetings. As she shared the details of her upcoming trip I would think to myself, "Whew~sounds exhausting! I'm tired from listening. Good thing my kids need me at home so I don't have to feel called to go."

The first time conviction starting kicking in was when I asked her if they had enough people to go. She said that in order to really minister to the people effectively that many more were needed.

As I stewed on it for several days I began to tell God that I couldn't go because I didn't have anyone to help with the kids.

I felt Him say to me. "Do you think I could provide someone to help with that?"

The truth was YES. I knew He could but I truthfully didn't want to deal with it. I didn't want to try to arrange it, plan it, worry over it, prepare for it, etc...

Finally I gave in and talked to family and friends. They were overwhelmingly supportive and wanted to step in and help in any way possible.

So.....there it was.....my excuse to NOT go was .........gone.

Shep was for it....
My family was for it....
My friends were for it....
and
The Bible commands it.

I decided. Go.

I had no money set aside and the cost is $1300.00 dollars but I stepped out on faith and felt that if God had provided childcare then money would be provided as well.

All of this happened less than 2 weeks ago and I am happy to report that I have gotten well over half of my money raised and the letters just went out this past Saturday. Praise God!!!!!

I won't lie and tell you that I am overjoyed and thrilled at the idea of being away from my family, on foreign soil, worn out and hot. But God can and will use my obedience in spite of my lack of enthusiasm. I believe that enthusisam will come later when I look into the faces of those people that I get to minister to and tell about Jesus.

I urge you to pray for me. Please pray against fear, doubt, and worry. God holds my life. He will be with me and my family as we are apart. He loves me and them more than I can fathom! I would also ask that you pray for my group and that we might be anointed with supernatural power and energy from the Holy Spirit. God already knows the faces and hearts of those we will meet and I pray even now that they would be open to hear our message of faith in Jesus. Pray against bad weather, sickness, injury, or travel hiccups. We know that our enemy will come against us.....but ONE stronger is with us and for us. We anticipate victory on every front in the mighty name of JESUS!!

1 comment:

Leslie Beck Shoemaker said...

I am so excited for you! And you know that if you need help with your children (especially Caroline) you can ALWAYS call Brian and I. We love that girl with all of our being!

Go. Share the love of Jesus. I cannot wait to hear all about it. You are an amazing woman, wife, momma, and role model! Thanks for everything you do.