Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My ugly side

This is the exact quote I sent my husband this evening after I left to go to choir practice. ~ "Sorry you had to come home to that crazy woman who looks a lot like me."

This is why I need Jesus in my life.

Seriously.

I have lost my voice again.
I am incredibly tired...probably anemic.
Summer is just days away and I always feel much trepidation about being trapped at home.
Lingering circumstances beyond our control are causing serious stress.
And....
my children were mostly responsible for me about losing my mind today.

Nothing huge happened. Just lots and lots of little annoying things that (coupled with the things mentioned above) just pushed me over the edge.

Again, this is why Jesus must take over my life.

I am a terrible master.

I lose my temper.
I lose my cool.
I yell.
I pitch fits.

Don't worry. Jesus did reign me in BUT not before I had to ask my children to forgive me...TWICE.

Completely humbling.

Explaining your bad behavior to your own children. But it shows them that mommy is NOT perfect and THAT is something they need to learn young.

I came home from choir a new, refreshed, Jesus-filled mommy. Ava and I reviewed the day. We both decided we had things to work on.

I will leave you with something funny she said to me.

"Mommy, I think you need to work on not yelling all the way up to your lungs."

Oh, Lord help me. (Shep laughed out loud)

Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

And again....this is why I need Jesus.

No comments: