Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Daze

How did the month of May arrive before I was aware of it?

My calendar is full of standing appointments, ceremonies, parties, etc....mercy I am tired just thinking of all of it.

But....I am trying ever so hard to be mindful of ALL of the blessings that fill my life on a daily basis.

There are more than I can name or count.

I do want to mention one area where I have been encouraged to tighten up in my spiritual life.

Spiritual warfare.

This is a serious area of weakness for me personally and I am sure that countless other Christians deal with it as well.

I go about most of my days living.....or my days live me.....and I don't walk in the victory that is mine to have. I spend a lot of energy trying to keep my life orderly and manageable. At this very moment I can think of several things going on where God has completely detoured from my chosen path.

This is where being unprepared spiritually can really hurt me.

So~I defer to God's Word and make it personal to me. He tells me there is power in His Word. He tells me to use it and apply it every day. He says it will be food to sustain me, water to nourish me, strength to empower me, and wisdom for whatever I may encounter.

I have tried to wake up each day really prepared. With my battle plan ready and at the front of my mind...I go to Ephesians 6 and do something like this.

Oh God help me to be strong in You and with Your mighty power. Put Your armor on me so that I can take my stand against the enemy and his scheme's that he has planned for me. I know I don't struggle with people but with spiritual beings my eyes cannot see. I want to stand my ground and not give an inch....but really stand strong. Buckle Your truth around my waist and cover me with Your righteousness, fit my feet with Your peace that I may seek peace and be a peace maker for others. Help me to hold tight to my shield of faith so that I can extinguish all the the enemy throws my way. Cover my head with Your helmet of salvation and help me hold high the sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word. Keep me talking to You all day long and help me to pray for others as I ought.

No comments: