Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The peacemaker

She is the one in the beach hat! My sweet "middle" child stands with one arm securely placed around her little brother's neck and the other hand holding on to her older sister's chair.

She doesn't know any other way.




She has had to step up and take the role of big sister even though she isn't the oldest.

She takes it on the chin when her little brother gets loads of attention for being the baby of the family.


Yet today she was given one of the coolest awards a mom could watch her child receive.

Her teacher gave her the "peacemaker" award.

I love that she cares deeply about others but I pray against the thought that she will always be able to please everyone. Sometimes we mistake being peaceful people by being pleasing people.

Although I want her to walk in peace, offer peace, and live peaceably with the others....I solely desire for her to live a pleasing life to her Heavenly Father. Only then will others see a girl truly at peace with herself and able to offer it to others.

Thank you Father for my Ava. I am so scared that I will not do the job You have given me to do: raise my children to love and honor You. Her heart is so tender and her faith is so huge. Continue to build her character and make her into the young woman who will love You with all of her heart. I know pain will be involved. There will be petty arguments, hurt feelings, and misunderstandings. Help me be the mother that Ava needs. Give us both grace and patience to deal with each other. I am her biggest fan and I want her to grow up knowing that! Guard her heart, Lord! She is Your child.

James 3:18 "And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one made me tear up a little bit.

Deana said...

"Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons [daughters] of God." Matthew 5:9 So proud of your sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Being the middle child in my family was difficult, much like you described about our Ava. I want to think that is why I am honored so she carries my middle name, Ruth. Being the middle child was the place God started early in my life molding and preparing me for His purpose and plans. I am watching Him do the same in her. I love seeing myself in Ava and her mommy.
Ava's Memommy