Saturday, May 21, 2011

Zeke's PHREE (3)



There he is then...











and here he is now.



This is what handsome looks like at 3 years old.

I am so glad that God blessed our family with this boy 3 years ago.

He has brought a different kind of joy and fun than we experienced with our girls. It isn't better in any way....just different and ALL BOY!

In this hot weather I am loving how his whole head gets sweaty and his checks are flaming red.

He wants anything Ava has and wants to do anything she does. He even calls her "his friend, Ava."


I will ask him a question and he will answer with~"No, I not."

He loves bread. Any kind of bread will do. He doesn't discriminate when it comes to carbs.

He loves cars.
Balls.
Bats.
Trains.
Dinosaurs.
Pirates.
Ships.

All of the things that little rotten boys are suppose to love.

He adores his daddy. He wants to be with him wherever he goes. It is party-time when dad comes through that door after work.

But nothing quite fixes him like me....and that suits me just fine.


I pray for him to be a man of strong character. I pray he is tender but firm...a quiet strength. I pray for him to have godly friend and a future wife that will love him second to Christ. I pray that he will be a fighter for what is right and give compassion to those who desperately need it. I pray that he will make wise choices and not give in to the whims of everyone around him. God give him Your dreams and help him to follow them. Guide us as we teach, discipline and direct his daily steps. He is truly a blessing and we thank you for every day of these last 3 years. I ask You for favor and blessing on his life. Help him to walk in truth.

2 comments:

Tess said...

OH MY HEAVENS!!! THAT BOY!!!!! Just could eat him to pieces...can't believe these babies are growing up so fast. He makes me want one...maybe one day...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every minute....he will be gone sooner than you know what. As our 7th grandchld it isn't hard to see why God gave us Zeke. He brought the perfect closure to grandkids. Now I'm looking forward...in about 10 years... to having our first great-grand child, the first born of our first grandchild Caleb Paul. I love all my children dearly. Momma