Friday, May 6, 2011

National Day of Prayer

I am exhausted. But in a good way.

I mentioned how busy things are as school is wrapping up for my three kiddos.

I sit here now in a pink dress that Ava picked out for me to wear to "A Mother's Day Tea" at her school today. It will be a lot of fun. She is so excited! All I have to do is show up and get loved on....what a treat for me!

Yesterday our city and surrounding county took part in the National Day of Prayer.

There was a rally on the courthouse steps at noon and then an evening service at a local high school.

I was privileged to get to sing at both of these events.

It was busy.
It was hectic.
My kids had to get shuffled around in order to make it work and I really missed seeing them yesterday.

But, the experience was humbling and exhilarating and one I won't soon forget.

It is always so moving to me to worship God. But to get to do it out in the open....on the steps of our courthouse.....in the center of a football field....meant so much more to me than being confined to the church building.

Lifting my voice and raising my hands for ALL to see and hear was a bit intimidating. Sometimes I wanted to hold back my praise a little bit so people wouldn't think I was weird or super fanatical.

But honestly I was glad my pride lost that battle.

I wish I could paint the picture of hundreds of citizens crying out to God on behalf of our nation, our city, our state, our well-fare, our sin, our schools, and everything else you can imagine. God's Presence was so heavy that I didn't want to even lift my head at times. I just felt led to bow in awe and reverence.

Oh He is so worthy!!

The Spirit of God is moving.....

These desperate days are driving desperate people back into the arms of a divine and gracious God!

I can just imagine His face intently staring at us last night as our prayers rose to Him as a fragrant offering.

We were broken.
We were crying.
We were begging.
We were interceding.
We were listening.
We were yielding.
We were trusting.
We were repenting.


All of these things tender His heart. Just as a father runs to a crying child. I believe our Father hovered close over His children in Bartow County yesterday.

Send Your Presence Lord and rain down on us. Drench us with compassion, kindness, repentance, integrity, courage, boldness, strength, and perseverance. We need revival. We need to be awakened from our sinful slumber of apathy and selfishness. Fill us so we can be emptied out and fill others. Thank you for a nation that honor's personal freedoms. Thank you for the opportunity to gather with so many other believers and simply agree to thank You for our blessings and to ask You for guidance. Now give us the mind of Christ and the willingness to obey You.

No comments: