Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A few faces I miss....

I am truly a dork I know. But dang I miss these people.

It is truly remarkable for six adults and seven children to willingly spend a week together and come out on the other side STILL loving each other.

I made them sit still and pose for my camera timer to take this one....I told you...I am a complete dork. But aren't we glad we have this photo?!?







But we did it.

There were some tense moments. Our nerves got really raw...mainly over our precious children.

But man we made some great memories and had some fabulous laughs.

Most of these laughing spells came at the end of the day once the kids were down....and we were almost at delirium. We would gather in the quiet and discuss the day.

One of our most interesting talks (that still makes me laugh right now) dealt with figuring out the gender of the sharks that they caught.

That is all I will say about that...but this girl laughed my way through shark (sex) education.

Anyway, I am digressing.

God was truly gracious in our getaway!

The weather was unbelievable.!

We saw so much of His nature come alive through creation. We were able to openly talk to our children about His vastness, His detail, and His glory through creation. Who knew that hermit crabs, the changing of the tides, sharks and life at the beach would invite so many opportunities to speak of the One who makes it all happen.

I am so blessed to know and love these folks. They have stayed close and pressed in when so many others walked away. God shows me so many of His qualities through their constant love and friendship.

God knows that life will hurt and disappoint. He surrounded Himself with close friends for encouragement and support. I am so glad He does the same for us!

No comments: