Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making fun of myself...

I tried a different version of the Bible but it pretty much read the same way...

The New Living Translation of James 1:1-4 says,
"Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

Okay so I am trying....

Trying to see my HUGE opportunities for great joy as I wade through the troubles that have come my way.

They really aren't a big deal.
Troubles probably isn't really the right word. They just feel that way because they are a pain in my rear and maybe I equate pain with trouble.
It is actually just lots and lots of things that have required immediate attention while we have been short on time and funds.

We have had the opportunity to take Zeke to the doctor (count them) 5 times in the past 3 weeks.
(Yes, that is $25.00 a pop. Just saying....)
We have had the opportunity to take Ava to the doctor (yep, 25.00 again)
(Did I mention there were prescriptions that went along with these??? I won't give you those costs.)
We have had the opportunity to get all the necessary paperwork from doctors, school, and therapists in order to complete Caroline's Medicaid application.
(Can I tell you how nice and helpful people are when you call asking for paperwork? NOT VERY!)
I have had the opportunity to attend lots of meetings for my upcoming mission trip.
I have had the opportunity to be a mommy, wife,friend, and work all while trying NOT to strain my voice.
(Remember I have been hoarse since the first of May and the therapist says I should never raise my voice and on a scale of 1 to 10....speak at about a 3. Uh....huh. How do you think I am doing on that one?)
Today I had the opportunity to go to the travel doctor and get the necessary vaccines for my trip.
Ouch! My shoulders are killing me. Tetanus and Hepatitis A don't play!

I certainly hope you can see my tongue and cheek humor here.

Sometimes you just need to let it out and laugh at the sheer absurdity of it all.

God is good.

Even with the junk and necessities of life....He makes my world go around.

I will admit to you that I do believe this is a joy that only He can give.

Sitting here at my computer and making fun of myself feels pretty good.

Thank you Lord for a little perspective.

Maybe this is the part of the patience being birthed in me due to all my little inconveniences.

I want to end this post on something upbeat and I just can't help listing a few of my favorite things this summer.

-JIF natural crunchy peanut butter (there are no words)
-Starbucks Chai Tea Latte (non-fat with whip cream....my taste buds start doing the mamba with the first sip)
-Salsa (I just can't stop wanting it...I am not even brand specific I just want it)

When I enjoy these 3 things....I have a better day. No lie!

-

No comments: