Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Matters?

We had weeks and weeks of preparations before we left to go to St. Vincent. We planned, prayed, positioned, prepared, plotted, and perfected all we knew beforehand so that our trip would be a success and God would be honored.

Then we went.

Now we're back.

I seriously feel like I needed some type of serious pre-planning so that I could re-emerge into what used to be my "normal" life.

This is my home.

I am a wife.
I am a mother.
I am a daughter, friend, mentor, teacher, etc...but I have struggled to just step back into those shoes again.

When I left to go I stepped away from the cares of my life...my burdens, my concerns, and my fears.

Then I went to minister without restraint. I wasn't focused on anything except loving people in the name of Jesus Christ. It was fulfilling, humbling, and exhilarating all at the same time.

When I came home I was so eager to see Shep and hug my children. But I must admit that the moment I walked into my door I immediately picked up every burden, every concern and every fear again. I felt a sudden heaviness. I hated it.

I really didn't know how to handle it. So this week I felt as though I have been living in slow motion. I am trying to re-adjust but I am not the Andrea I was before. My perspective has changed.

I sat in church last Sunday and really just enjoyed being in God's house with fellow believers and air conditioning. In the past I might have been critical of the music, the message, or any thing else that didn't suit me. But Sunday I was simply grateful.

I was grateful to have gained new eyes to see what matters most.

It is Jesus and Him alone.
He is our Truth. He is our Hope. He is our Anchor.

Lord please help me live what I learned while I was away. Sharing Jesus with others and ministering in Your name is the only legacy I will ever leave behind. I must start with this in my home. As a wife and mother I can share Your love and minister to my family. But it can't end there.....as I encounter people I can't be timid in talking about You. Fuel my faith and cage my cowardice. Give me opportunities to talk about You and be about Your work. It is so easy to get caught up in pettiness and man's good works but none of that matters. The enemy would love for me to place any other thing in front of You. Help me to recognize this and to not allow it. Teach me to pray and to listen. I desire Your wisdom and Your will for my life.

1 comment:

Tess said...

Good message sister. I pray my eyes KEEP SEEKING *ONLY* THE THINGS ABOVE. A heavenly perspective...that's what I'm after.