Monday, July 25, 2011

Smitten with St. Vincent







My heart has been hijacked and held hostage by the wonderful people in St. Vincent.

I am slowly coming down off of my "mission trip high".

These faces you see in the photos will forever be etched into my mind...and I hope to hug their necks again very soon. Yes, I want to go back.

The stories I have to tell range in nature. Some are frightening, others will make you wet your pants with laughter but all of them are hemmed with purpose.

I will never be the same again.

I know God used me to touch others in His name on that island but I could have never been prepared for the makeover my mind would undergo in that wonderful place.

Many children gave their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ!

That alone was worth the trip! I praise God for their futures and the joys He has in store for them.

I hope to try to tell as many stories as I can in days to come.

I will end with thanksgiving that my family was cared for in my absence and that God blessed my obedience to go. He conquered my fears. He stretched my limits. He poured on His peace. He gave us provision. He showed up in unexpected ways.

(And I have never sweat so much in all my life.......but with a smile on my face!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you got to go - and so sad I couldn't this time. Can't wait to hear all the stories!