Sunday, August 14, 2011

How Things Change...











Zeke used to be content just to look at Pop's cows from a distance...that was then and this is now.
Now he wants to get up close and touch them.

Last summer Ava was still sporting her floaties in the water....now she is jumping in the deep end and taking diving tips from her mom.

Look at her doing her back flips under the water! I love that we can do them together now!!

And Caroline...maybe it is just me...but her face is changing. She looks grown up all of a sudden.


I was encouraged in God's Word this morning that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I need to know that. I cling to that.

His same-ness brings me unmeasured security in a world that never stops changing.

God thank you for this season in our lives. Help me to not just live these days but to enjoy them. I love seeing how my kids have grown and matured but at the same time I see that as time that has flown by...too quickly. Thank You for Zeke's recovery from surgery. Thank you for special times together as a family. Thank you for Your continued provision. Help us to grow closer as a family but even closer as Your children.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...they grow up too fast.

You and your family bring me great joy as I watch you and Shep parent with love and strength; your children obey with respect; you and Shep hold on to your love for each other. I see His hand upon your family everytime I am with you. I so proud to be your momma.

Anonymous said...

I am glad things change. I'm excited about things changing for the better!

marjorieellen said...

Your family is so precious to God, never doubt His plan. Emanuel.