Friday, August 26, 2011

Way Over Due...


He has never once tried to climb out of his crib.

It is like his little nest. He loves it. Do you see all the toys that he keeps in it?

Cars, footballs (several sizes), a basketball, fake snakes, toy alligators, bears, and match box cars all keep him company...not to mention his favorite blankets and his pillow pet.
This past week we finally set up his big boy bed.

He was not happy about it at first....but we built excitement around the house and he soon caught on.

He did great. Ava even coached him on how different it would feel and she assured him that should fear seep in...she was just a room away.

















He seemed so big in his crib and now so small in his bed....

I know now why my mom used to look into my eyes and say, "Please don't grow up. Please don't get big."

I just want to stop Caroline, Ava, and Zeke at their exact ages of 9,6, and 3 and freeze time.

The phrases and words that they say are just priceless right now.

This past week Ava and I were riding in the car and talking about her day. She told me that her teacher was gonna be out and she would have a "stubtatute".

I absolutely did not correct her.

First of all~ it was precious.
Second of all~ she will correct it on her own soon enough.

Shep and I also get a kick out of Zeke's new-found reasoning skills.

He will do something he shouldn't do....like hit Ava.

I will say, "Zeke, do not hit your sister."

And Zeke will respond with, "but I did."

So what do you do with that?!?

Again...too cute.

Here's to no more cribs in the Helton house!!







2 comments:

Scott said...

Zeke's logic mirrors Jackson's at that age.

"Jackson, why did you hit your sister?"

"'Cause I did."

marjorieellen said...

Such long ago memories, in my case, but they seem just like yesterday. So enjoy you sharing your life with your family. Thank you!!!