Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Making the time or missing it...

Today was a tough day.

There are more reasons than I want to go into but when I finally got home I felt numb.

Things seemed hard all over the place.

I had left things undone.

There were lots of things left to do.

Words I said seemed to get me nowhere and feelings I felt could not be trusted.

In my soul, the inner place where His voice speaks, I felt drawn.

"Go pray."

Ok~ so I need to vacuum and dust.

"Go into your closet and pray."

I need to call my mom and check on her.

"Go meet with Me in prayer."

I've got to help the girls with their homework, then do laundry, and check my e-mail.

"Go now. Pray."

I don't want to pray. I feel rotten and I don't want to rehash it all.

"My yoke is easy and My burden is light. You are more than a conqueror through Me. Run to Me now. Tell me all of it. Let me take it from you."

So I did.

I went into my closet.

Caroline watched as her mommy knelt face down and made the time to obey the Maker of her Soul. I almost missed it.

He met me there.

It was only a 4 minute detour to my day. The clothes, homework, vacuuming and dusting were delayed just briefly but it was better than any power nap I've taken. I left the burdens on the floor. I stood reminded of His grace, power and love pouring over me. My steps were lighter and a smile even hinted at my lips. Funny, though...nothing had really changed except me....my perspective.

Oh God help me to make the time. So many days I miss it. What you have available to Your children is right there but it has to be taken or it may be missed. Let it not be so!!! I need You Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one more reason to love her.

marjorieellen said...

Oh, so true!!!! What a wonderful testimony!!!!! I feel blessed just to have read it.........(my closet is where God meets me, too)