Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Greedy

The past couple of weeks my Bible study has focused on the abundance we have in Christ.

I have already blogged about it a little but I think the topic begs to be revisited.

We have more than we can imagine at our disposal through Jesus Christ.

He is the First and Last and Everything in between.

He is the I AM. He needs nothing and is in charge of everything.

I look at my own life and I see things that I want more of....money, time, patience, wisdom, grace, and faith. The list goes on and on...take my word for it.

As I studied people in God's Word who encountered Him....they walked away with so much more than they bargained for or imagined.

-The widow of Nain met Him at her son's funeral and walked away with her son who was made alive.

-Mary and Martha met him with tears of sorrow and left Him rejoicing with tears of gladness as their brother had been raised to life again.

-The woman at the well met Him thirsty for water from the well and left Him with Living Water that would never run dry.

-The leper met Him covered in putrid, life-draining lesions and left Him glowing with the newness of flesh and life.

-The lame met him from down low and left Him raised up and jumping for joy.

-The woman caught in adultery met Him with shame and sorrow and left Him with dignity, love, and hope for a new day.

There are so many others...but you get my point.

The way we meet Him is NOT how He plans to leave us.

He has an abundance of MORE!!!!

I am NOT saying that Christ always heals physically but He does always heal.

Something struck me as I studied the woman at the well. Her story tells that she left Him and went and told everyone she could find about Him.

See she couldn't keep quiet.

Her abundance was spilling out. It couldn't be contained.

More led to more.....

I want to be greedy that way. I want more of God. I want more people to want more of God.

Did you notice that the people I mentioned were not in ideal situations when they met Christ? They were hurting in some way or another.

And there He was....with them...in the midst of the pain.

Hurt produces the hunger.

Lord I will thank you again for the trials of this life. Each tear has been seen and kept by You. These trials help me tirelessly pursue You....and You don't disappoint. I love you so much, Lord.








1 comment:

Tess said...

"I want to be greedy that way. I want more of God. I want more people to want more of God." -- This is so where God has had me. I feel like I'm in a type of mourning for the Church, for people...aching for people to see the awesomeness of my God! His love is BETTER than LIFE! Very powerful Sister...thank you for sharing.