Sunday, October 2, 2011

Walking the walk

These are Shep's favorite boots.
This is Shep's favorite little boy in them....notice they are on the wrong feet.
I love the thought of him wanting to be like his daddy so badly. So why shouldn't he get out his dad's big ol' shoes and go through the motions of walking in them??
Well, maybe this is why. These cumbersome and heavy boots prove to be too much for his little 3 year old frame. It is inevitable that he will collide the floor in short time...
But usually he gets back up and gives it another go....even if he knows he will fall. Just attempting to walk in his daddy's shoes is worth it!


This is exactly how I want to attempt walking by faith.

Of course I am going to fall sometimes.

My feet are going to seem unsteady. I may even think I am unable to walk the path that has been set before me.

After all God gives us some pretty big shoes to fill.

But progress is worth something.

Each day I grow and mature in my faith. At first the task seems bigger than I can bear. Until one day I put on the shoes and they seem to fit better. I seem to know how to maneuver better. They don't seem as heavy or cumbersome.

Growth has happened. All that practicing has paid off!

Oh Lord how I want to walk in a manner that is pleasing to You! Give me persistence for the days that I seem to fall over and over again. Just as our hearts swell at Zeke trying to be like Shep, I pray that You gush over your kids trying to be like You too!

No comments: