Sunday, October 16, 2011

O' Happy Day!

Is it mean that we buckled Zeke in his car seat and quickly got to the deck to snap some pictures of the girls on their special day? Nah...
Shep and his girls.....Ava was so pumped for baptism day. Caroline was nervous, but trying to be a trooper.
It was officially time. The white robes gave the whole event some flair and made it feel quite ceremonious.
I could just eat them up....such a special day for sisters to share!
Because Caroline cannot sit up on her own, Shep also adorned a white robe to hold her in the baptismal. So...daddy got to really be a part of the experience.
This is Mr. Doug. He serves on staff at our church. Everyone loves Mr. Doug....especially the kids. He is more than willing to make a complete fool of himself for the sake of Christ...and he usually does during VBS every year. What kid doesn't love that?!? Ava and Caroline requested him to do the dunking.
This is Mrs. Lisa. She is the engine that propels our flourishing children's ministry. We are so blessed to have servants that passionately proclaim Christ and make Him come alive to our kids. She is always smiling and shows our kids that Jesus created fun!! (Can you see the fear in Caroline's eyes? She is looking at the water and isn't quite sure what to make of it yet.)
O' Happy Day, Happy Day! You washed my sins away....
O' Happy Day, Happy Day! I'll never be the same!!

7 comments:

Dellie Kay Noble said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! It was all so very special! There wasn't a dry eye in the house!

marjorieellen said...

What a special wonderful day!! The presence of the Lord fell on lst Baptist Church this morning. I am so glad I was there.

Anne said...

The greatest blessing that I have received in a long long time. I had the entire senior class there and we were all in tears as the Lord blessed. We didn't need SS, we had already received the word through your beautiful family. Love you all.

Craig said...

It was a special time for our church family! I loved every minute and didn't want it to end!
C

Jacquelyn Ray said...

I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Your family holds a very special place in my heart and I am so proud that your girls have made the most important decision of their lives! Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

It was one of the happiest days of my life. I can imagine Jesus smiling as they professed their faith in Him and courageously embraced the baptismal waters. I know what they have been taught. I've observed their parents guide them to Jesus. I delighted in watching them understand and move toward Salvation. I praise you Lord. Thank you Andrea and Shep for living for Jesus before and with them. Momma

Lindsay said...

Andrea you have such a beauiful family! What a special day for your girls!