Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The man behind the message..

It is mid-week and these eyes are dying to squint at the sunshine.

It has been the rainiest December and start of January that I can remember.

My outdoor time has seriously been infringed upon and my antsy children are about as bad as their momma.

There is a trampoline to be jumped on...
There are bicycles to be ridden...
There are swings to sway in...
There are walks to be taken...

You get the idea.

I have just completed my first week of homework in our new Ladies Bible study. Folks that know me probably joke that I am a bit fanatical about staying in a cycle of doing bible studies. Literally ONE AFTER THE OTHER. But for me, one who is so prone to stray off of the path, I must stay in the Word. Period.

Right now we are doing the most recent study written by Beth Moore called James: Mercy Triumphs. It centers on the book that James penned and on the man himself. This would be James, the brother of my Jesus.

He obviously has a unique perspective. He grew up in the shadow of the Savior of the world but he didn't accept His gift of grace until Jesus was resurrected. I can't wait to learn more about him.

Knowing the man (or woman) behind the message that they preach is huge for me.

I want the goods on folks.
I want to know that they have struggled.
I need to hear that they have dealt with doubt, fear, anger and unbelief.
I also need to know that they have persevered and taken the road less traveled.


It levels our ground.

And it opens my ears.

I don't like to give my attention to anything that is less than authentic.

So far I have learned some things about James that have taken me on emotions ranging from mad to sad to glad.

I am sure it would be the same if someone were learning all about me.

I pray that my testimony brings Jesus some serious glory but my hands and feet of clay could give anyone plenty of reasons to not like me or at the very least to be disappointed.


Thankfully we are to only have ONE that we look to as our standard.

James, me, or you will fall terribly short....

but still we strive.

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." James 3:17-18


1 comment:

Steph said...

Your blog made me think of something else. I'm so glad that the Word of God is already complete. I don't know if I would want a book of "Stephanie". I'm not so sure that I would want future generations reading about all of my mistakes and failures, because I have had a lot!!! I just praise God that he isn't finished with me yet!!

Love ya!!