Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hip to be Square...

Ava and Caroline's school did an entire week of square-dancing with a performance on Friday. Ava literally counted down the days until she could show us her stuff. AND she wanted to wear some type of dress that would flare out when she danced, along with her cowboy boots every single day.
Daddy and his little muffin. Shep has called her that since birth.
The other man in Caroline's life...her grand daddy. Do you see the smile when she looks at him?

Caroline had a ball as well. Her face must have hurt from smiling so much!
Me and my mini-me.
Daddy learning a dance with his baby girl. How cute is this?!?
Caroline and I dancing together as well. She laughed hysterically any time I would mess up.
Ava insisted that she get to push her sister around during the walking part of the chicken dance. (Thank you Lord for building character in my girl!)
Caroline and her love, Mrs. Diedre. This is her para pro that works with her on a daily basis. We are so thankful for her and the relationship that they share.
Ava Ruth....just about a month shy from turning 7 years old.
Me and my big girl. Has it almost been 10 years that I have gotten to love and nurture this remarkable little girl? Oh how God has used this fragile little one to break and re-make me...what a gift she is to us!
Shep saying his good-bye and getting an armful of love!
My two precious girls!

Father God help Shep and I to point these girls to You every single day. Help us to walk our faith in front of them. Teach us what to pray for them. Help us to cultivate the gifts You have given them. Show us how to give them boundaries and flexibility. I ask You to guard their hearts but give them compassion. Give them strength to make hard choices and show them how to be kind. Give them Your love for others. Draw them to Yourself through their circumstances, disappointments, and delights. Help them not to fall for temptation but to hide Your truth in their little hearts....as we do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew...I can't believe our girls are this big. I'm going to have to start keeping kleenex in my office for reading your blog.