Monday, February 27, 2012

My Family

Here they are...my family. I was so blessed to grow up around these people. A dad and mom who loved Jesus and lived lives of obedience to Him in front of us. Two brothers who gave me no end of torment (as any good brothers should) and proved to be fiercely protective of their baby sister. We all traveled to Alabama for our yearly extended family reunion. I am sure they were thrilled that I kept pulling out the camera for some photo ops, but what is a girl to do when she has her family all together?!?
My nephew, Caleb, getting some one-on-one with Caroline.
Me and my mama. She is a treasure to me. I appreciate her so much more now that I am grown and trying to be a good mother to my own children.
This is my brother, Paul and his wife, LeAnn (I lovingly refer to her as Lee...always have). She has been in our family since I was 15 years old. Almost 20 years...is she not gorgeous? Her hair color is to die for...and it is real people.
I cannot believe I bounced these two on my knee when they were babies. Caleb was the first born, and oh so rotten, grandchild. His feet never touched the floor because we constantly fought over who got to hold him. I was in college when he was a baby and I just poured myself into him. Kenzie, my niece, came along when I was a newlywed. We didn't establish as close of a bond because I wasn't around as much. But she is growing into a beautiful young woman...I am blown away every time I see her. She and I have the curly hair gene...as you can see.
Trouble...that is all I can say. They are two months apart and love being cousins. My Ava and my nephew, Jared. They are non-stop fun. They loved having the whole day together!
My other niece, Samantha, loves to shower Caroline with attention and make her laugh. Isn't this the sweetest picture?!? They are only 6 months apart in age...Samantha is older(she would want me to point that out to you).
Ava and Zeke being goofy with me.
These are the two fellas responsible for the endless aggravation I receive. My brothers are 7 and 9 years older than me. I am the brat...or so they say. They have always worked hard and I am spoiled...or so they say. If I leave food on my plate at a family gathering they still tell on me. It comes with the territory and frankly, I am fond of it now. It is how they show me that they love me. If the torment were to stop~ I would get worried.
Shep and I played outside in the gorgeous sunshine for a lot of the day. We had such a good time...and we pulled close for Samantha to snap this fun photo.
Caroline....9 and a half years old.
Zeke....3 and a half years old.
Ava...6 and a half years old.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I had to stay and meet your family. I love blogs with pictures. Your children are just beautiful. I feel like I know you just from reading your posts. It's a funny-odd feeling.