Monday, April 8, 2013

Playing in the Georgia Pines

We have made our way to South Georgia for the past few years of Spring Break.  I am not saying that I wouldn't love going to a beautiful beach somewhere.  However that isn't free... and this place is.  Plus~it is a kid's (and adult's) playground if you will just indulge a little creativity, imagination, and a love for nothingness.  There is nowhere nearby to eat out.  There is not a close grocery store.  Cell phones do not work and the roads are not paved.  But the woods are vast.  Trees are huge.  If you come packed with food (and we always do) then you will be amazed at ALL there is to do.
 Some of our dearest and best friends accompany us each year on our adventure.  They surprised my kids with some launchers.
 I loved this picture of my Zeke because this photo embodies the entire reason for getting away.  Just chillin.
 I normally adore wearing cute clothes and lip gloss.  That was all left back at home.  It was comfort all the way.  Shep thoroughly enjoyed helping me with some target practice.  I love that you can still see smoke and the shell in midair.
 My gorgeous girl had a fun trip too.  She missed her own bed but she maintained a good attitude for the most part.
 We took countless walks.  Each one was like a separate adventure because we found new treasures each trip.  Zeke could stand inside the trunk of this tree with complete ease.  He loved it.
 Shep wanted to climb high into the tree of course.
My man and his buddy trying to scope out some wild pigs...they would prefer this to an office setting any day of the week.
Our friend enjoying quality time with his little man.
 So....this year Shep found an amazing vine that he cut so that we could swing....like Tarzan....from the trees.  We would hold on to the vine and swing out over the canyon....we were a good 15 or higher in the air!  Here I am enjoying my swing on the vine.
The kids loved swinging from the vine so much.  It was like a modified zip line.  Ava did it over and over again.
 Caroline got to enjoy a ride on the vine...thanks to her strong daddy!
 Zeke swinging...
 Paul swinging...
 Rachel swinging....
 The guys packed some exploding targets for their fun and our entertainment.  They did not disappoint.  The explosions were loud and could be felt from far away.
 We made a special trip back to the cabin to get D.  No one could miss their turn on the vine swing.
 Me and D.  This girl is beyond precious to me!
 Ava and Rachel being silly and mostly....sweet.
 Caroline waiting to watch the exploding targets!
 Ava and Paul preparing for the loud blast.
 Taking a break from riding around in the back of Mr. Shep's Dodge. 
Shep and I cheesing it up in a big bear hug. My favorite place to be!

Happy Spring Break all!!

No comments: