Friday, April 19, 2013

Though we are shaken

As I take in the scenes of the Boston bombing, the chemical explosion in Texas and listen to reports of Ricin laced letters intended to kill their recipients I want to double over in grief and pull my hair out with questions of "Why?"

But even if I knew "why" I don't think the grief would relent and I am sure I would come up with even more questions.

As I walked around my neighborhood last night I felt like God told me to "let my words be few and let His Word be huge."

He was gracious enough to even bring a familiar and comforting piece of His Word to my mind....

"Though the mountains be shaken                                  
and the hills be removed,                                                 
yet my unfailing love for you                                              
will not be shaken                                                            
nor my covenant of peace be removed,                           
says the Lord, who has compassion on you."                    
Isaiah 54:10 NIV                                                             

Through the Holy Spirit I am granted peace in the midst of turbulent feelings.

I am depending on that to carry me through today.

Evil is meant to incite fear, doubt and insecurity.  I choose to throw those things onto my God today who has conquered death...what is fear to Him?

I choose to fear God alone.

I choose to let my words be few and let His Word be huge.

I choose to trust the unseen hand in the midst of madness.

I choose to trust His wise and mysterious ways.

Though bombs explode and innocent lives are removed.....I trust His unfailing love and His covenant of peace.




No comments: