Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Road Trip

 My life long best pals and I got a chance to ditch our mom duties, kiss our hubbies goodbye, and hit the road for a weekend of too much talking, eating, and shopping together!  Well at least three of us hit the road.  We all traveled together to meet up with the fourth member of our crew...who just happens to live in the sunshine state.  Super convenient.
 The first picture was a view from an outdoor beach restaurant that we hit up every time we come.  It is called the Sandbar and it is located on beautiful Anna Maria Island.  The beach is gorgeous.  The shopping is unique.  And we found a scrumptious ice cream parlor this trip....I am sure we will go back again.
 What I love in this picture is that Caroline is laughing.  These girls have been my friends since we were in middle school.  Their laughs make me laugh.  Longevity in friendships is incredibly comforting.
 Elizabeth officially wins the award for being my oldest friendship ever.  She knows lots of my secrets.  Thankfully she is fiercely loyal and private on my behalf.  All of them are.  These girls are beyond precious to me.  They never fail to encourage and challenge me in my faith.  The very best thing about all of them is how they each passionately love Jesus. 
 Nicole and I hamming it up.  We all usually have our hands full with our kids and obligations...it was so fun to just be silly for a few days.
 Just looking back over these pics makes me ready for the next trip.  A year can pass by but somehow we pick right back up with no awkwardness at all. 
 Aren't they so pretty?  They are even prettier on the inside....their hearts make me want to be better.
 One of them captured these two pictures of me.  Oddly enough...I really like them.
 They aren't particularly that flattering of me but it is good to know that I can still belly laugh and not be so stinking serious all the time.
 Can you tell a few of us are touchy-feely girls?  We are BIG huggers...
Oh my word...I have not even mentioned the food.  It was like the fifth member of our group.  We really enjoy some feasting.  Chips and salsa, pizza, sandwiches, seafood, pasta...you name it we ate it.

It was an amazing time spent with cherished women who I hold very dear.  I pray God's blessing on each of their lives.  I am incredibly humbled and grateful that I get to be a part of who they are in this life. 

A special shout out to Shepard, B, E, and Scoots....this trip would not have been possible without you!  Y'all are the best and have our love always!

No comments: