Friday, May 24, 2013

God~ Always a Happy& Hopeful Ending

This morning I was reading some of the scripture text from my devotion.

It seems like lately everything God has brought to me has had to do with "waiting" or about "His appointed time" for something.

I hate to wait.

Most of us are guilty here.

My scripture reading was out of John 16.  The disciples are asking Jesus to explain, in further detail, some of his comments about their grief turning to joy.

I can totally relate.

If God were to tell you that you were about to encounter unbelievable grief that would later turn into inexpressible joy...wouldn't you want some details too?!?

This entire portion of scripture is Jesus predicting His own death on the cross.

It was the most horrendous day in this world's history.

The earth literally went dark went the Giver of Light and Life died to ransom us from sin.

But Jesus also predicted that even greater joy would follow this time of grief.

I love God's character.

He is the author of happy and glorious endings!

In case I need to remind you....He wins.

The world will one day be set right once again.

ALL will bow and justice will reign.  Love will abound.  Sin will forever die.

This gave me some perspective this morning.

I am grieving over a few things in my life.  Some of them have been ongoing heartaches...some are more recent.

We should not ever be surprised to endure grief or sorrow of some kind. 

But joy will come.  It is His grand finale.

Knowing about the impending joy should offset the grief.  Some days it does more than others.

But it always leaves a trace of hope....

A child of God Almighty is an heir of hope.  It is our right. 

My grief has an expiration date.  I don't know when but He does. Good things are produced during my times of waiting and trouble.  I know this...even though it brings me little comfort.  It will bring Him glory.

He lets us fall to our knees through times of grief because He knows He will raise us up to dance with joy!

No comments: