Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Talking to Myself

Just a quick reminder to all who need it.

As I prayed this morning I recounted God's goodness in the midst of suffering.  We are going to suffer.  But He is still good.

I read the horrific stories from the devastation in Oklahoma.  I see the pictures that make me wish I hadn't looked.

He is there.  He is comforting.  He is ministering in the midst of this madness. 
He is giving grace.  He is speaking peace.  He is seen in the smile or gentle hand of a helper.

He is huge and all encompassing.  He grieves.  He hurts.  He allows the broken way....

He is enough.

As these events cloud my view. I even hold back my own requests and petitions as if God is too busy dealing with that situation to meet me in my own place of desperation.

He is not.

He can be completely near to me right now AND He can be completely near to each and every hurting soul there in Oklahoma. 

I have to tell myself this and remind my brain.

God is not bound by time or space.  He is completely beyond my comprehension. 

He is where you are today. 
He is with the one crying out battling cancer.
He is with the worried parents at the children's hospital.
He is with the lonely widow.
He is with the couple meeting their new baby for the first time.
He is with me....right here and right now.
He is with the overwhelmed masses in Oklahoma.

He is without limit.

Tell yourself.  Remind yourself often.....you might just live like it is true.

No comments: