Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Better today

Anyone else ever wonder why we don't see our prayers answered immediately? This isn't to say that there aren't some that are answered right then but most of them require some form of waiting.

I have noticed that as I really try to push myself and force my flesh to sincerely pray all through out the day and then sincerely try to listen when God speaks throughout the day...I am starting to see some proof of these answered prayers.

A few of the things that I have been praying for lately are:

-joy.....when I want to feel sadness
-contentment....when I want to feel dissatisfied
-gratitude....when I want to feel selfish
-faith....when I want to give up
-strength....when I want to crawl in a hole and cry

well--here is the kicker: God is truly giving me these things.

As I have been praying for these traits to rule in my life...I have felt disappointed and even let-down after I have finished praying because I didn't experience a great wind or fire from heaven that has immediately changed my disposition.

What I have noticed though is that these traits are just there. I am not having to work at it or fake it....I just find myself smiling and singing for no good reason. In fact, I can give you many reasons I have to not smile or sing but God is letting me see how His goodness can trump any bad circumstance.

Anyway....I just wanted to testify about His work in me the past couple of weeks.

Also, just a random question/thought?!?

Is anyone else noticing a huge hunger for revival among believers? It seems that all around me I am learning of people who are desperate for what only God can give. I have said before that I want to experience what the first church in the book of Acts got to encounter...maybe we are closer to that than we think. Could this be the calm before the awesome storm of God's power unleashed??

I'm ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest sister,
I too have a hunger for the truth of scripture to be released into my life. If it is bound in Heaven, I want in bound in my life on earth. If it is loosed in Heaven, I want it loosed in my life on earth. I want all of what the blood of Jesus Christ has to offer. I believe the revival began in our own journeys, either we fell, or we became awakened. I don’t know of anyone else, God has wakened my soul this year. For the members of His church who are wakened, who remain standing; I know God is going to unleash his blessings that will continue to overflow our pockets until the rapture of His Church.
Could this be the calm? A humbling word in the middle of your own journey; I am so proud of you. Hang on my Dearest Sister and prepare yourself to be “blown away.”
Thank you for sharing your heart and soul with us.
Elaina