Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Refreshing...

Fall is in the air and breathing it in just makes you feel alive. Shep and I love this time of year. We met in the early fall and fell in love so that makes this time of year very special for us anyway.

The completely clear bright blue sky.
The touch of cool in the air without a hint of hot Georgia haze or humidity.
The sounds of high school marching bands.
Fall festivals complete with candied apples and cotton candy.
Going for rides just to glimpse the masterpiece on display of God's trees.
The expectation of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
It is just refreshing....

God has been good this week. Not in the earth shattering kind of way. He spoke so much last week about me being in the wilderness. This week has been me just resting in that. He has let me see Him answering some of my prayer requests that have involved me building relationships and telling those people about His love and redemption plan.

He and He alone has opened some of those doors and I love it. Don't get me wrong... I am scared and a bit intimidated but He is showing me that I don't have to give a perfect salvation speech in order to share Him. I just need to talk about what He is doing in my life right now....that should be enough to show Him off...

Speaking of right now, we are still in lockdown mode financially. Things have never been this hard for this long. I don't know how we will make it----but if I believe that God can heal my child----then He can pay my bills.

I don't know what is coming next, but I do feel like Shep and I are doing some things right. Prayer, helping people, and telling others how good He is to us are all things that honor Him. He loves to be honored in our lives. He loves to be shown off by His children who love Him even when it is really hard. I believe He will honor His children. I still believe something BIG is coming.

Until then and even after....may we be worthy to live for you....tell others about you....and give our burdens and desires to you!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I can testify that God is faithful to provide for His children. Just before I moved up here I was expecting my final check (vacation time payout) and there was a problem and it didn't come when it was suppose to. I was down to $10.00 in my wallet and that was everything that I had. I had to get gas and food and was to embarrassed to say anything (even to those closest to me). I didn't know what I was going to do because HR said it was going to up to 4 weeks to straighten things out. All I can say is that GOD provided through my church family. Someone overheard me on the phone and said something to one of the church deacons and they gave me a gift of $500.00 to get me though. He will take care of you and your family, of that I am sure. You and Shep are such an encouragement to me!

Love you!!!

Tess said...

Amen sister.