Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blue Sky Smiling at me...

We have been water logged around here. It has rained and rained. Many of my friends have back yards that have been washed away along with swing sets. It is crazy.....

Today, though....the sky is my favorite shade of blue.

No haze at all just crisp, clear, stunning blue September sky. (I get dreamy in September anyway because Shep and I starting dating in September and it carries all of those new, exciting, heart-fluttering memories with it)

I wonder if the past few days shaded in black and grey make this blue sky all the more appealing to me?

Sure it does.

We never really appreciate something until we have experienced the absence of it.

My devotion this morning had a sentence that just made me mad...is that spiritual at all? I am guessing that God laughs at His children when they cop an attitude right in the middle of their quiet time with Him. He knows us so well, huh??

' "You call me Teacher and Lord..."-but is He? Teacher, Master, and Lord have little place in our vocabulary. We prefer the words Savior, Sanctifier, and Healer.'
-Oswald Chambers from My Utmost for His Highest

Ouch!! I know that I prefer those other words because they reflect what He can do for me. Teacher, Master, and Lord are hard for us to choke down because they usually coincide with obedience. Obedience is what I can do for Him.

Father, help me to be obedient. Give me a soft heart toward Your commands. Make me like clay in Your hands. I don't like this part and You know it. It is hard for me to relinquish control to You. I am trying to and You know my heart. Give me gratitude instead of my typical attitude. Change me as only You can! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a silver bracelet, in a magazine, with the words “I hope you dance “and it reminded me of the day Caroline will dance. I goggled it this morning and I found a poem “I hope you dance” and it reminded me of you. www.reigninggifts.com/THEDANCE.htm Hope it is encouraging.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Elaina