Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My "Rest" Test

Home again.

Shep and I had a marvelous time away followed by some time that I got to spend with my longtime best girl friends. My soul was in heaven.

I didn't have to think. I could just lay and soak in the sun. (I missed my children like crazy...their smiles, their smells, and everything else about them.)

I am sure I will post a blog later full of pictures to share from my trip.

For now I am starting the real test.

I could rest while I was away. I could rest when I didn't have to look at reality. I could rest when I knew the junk waiting on me was far away.

But what about now?

Can I still rest in the midst of this?

The answer is YES of course! I am just trying to learn the posture of rest.

The stress of burdens that we don't currently know exactly how to deal with can seem overwhelming and too big.

My head hurts from thinking....
My eyes hurt from losing sleep and worrying....
My heart hurts because I want to help and support my man in all the ways that he needs...
My pride hurts because I don't want to give up or let go of things that I love or enjoy...

So. Just like everything else in my life...this will be a moment-by-moment thing. I will choose each moment to trust that God has it under complete control. I will consider these trials as joy and know that God must work these circumstances out to work for and not against us. I will learn to sing when I want to scream....laugh when I want to lose my temper....pray when I want to pout.....praise when I want to roll in pity...give when I want to gain...and help when I want to be helped.

This is being at rest...I think. I will keep you updated to let you know if I am passing or failing these days.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Keeping you in my prayers.

Love you,
Steph