Sunday, November 8, 2009

Does it always have to be weird??

Some things I really hesitate to share on this blog.

Many people already think I am strange because I am believing God to completely heal my very disabled little girl.

I also get odd responses from people when I tell them of the many strange and weird ways in which God has chosen to tell us that He plans to heal Caroline.

This really gets old sometimes.

I don't want to be weird. I just want to be normal....but I think God loves weird.

Curve balls, surprise endings, sudden twists in the plots of our lives....I think it pleases Him to catch us off guard with something totally unexpected.

Thursday night was a tough night. Ava and Caroline were awake several times during the night. Shep was sleeping really soundly so I got up several times to console them and after the fourth time...I was over it!!

As I laid back in my bed (Shep snoring peacefully) I struggled to find sleep. Actually I felt quite awake. I asked the Lord if he wanted to talk to me or if there was a passage of scripture I should get up and read. I thought the book of Zechariah came to my mind but I blew it off and eventually went back to sleep.

Two hours later I woke up and realized I had dreamed about Caroline. I have only dreamed of her maybe 3 times in her life so this was pretty special. I felt prompted to get up and write down the dream so that I would not forget it.

I am not going to tell you the whole dream because it is weird. But a few details I will share.

-I got to see Caroline walking
-I saw 2 men who I believe may be guardian angels of our family
-I watched Shep eat some disgusting stuff
-I asked some questions
-I was answered in cool ways

Some of you may think I am crazy but as I wrote down my whole dream I asked God to help me understand this dream if it was of him.

(I can tell you that looking back 3 days later....I have gotten some translations that I believe are from Him.)

When I finished writing my dream I prayed for God's direction. I told Him that I have trouble trusting what I think I hear from Him. I told Him that I want Him to talk to me but I also doubt what I think I hear because I have been wrong before.

I finished praying and opened my devotional.....can you guess what the title of my devotion was?? "Do you believe this?" that was the title. It came from the verse John 11:26 where Jesus is talking to Lazarus sister. The whole devotion boiled down to what we really believe about Jesus. We say a lot. But we believe little.

It struck me that after my dream he was giving me further confirmation...literally. He asked me the question through my devotion, "Andrea, do you believe this?"

I still didn't know what to think. I remembered that I had thought God had told me to go to Zechariah earlier when I was in bed. I turned there in my bible but didn't know what to read. So I started from the beginning and just kept going.

What I realized was something I already knew. I just think God wanted to show me weird to make me feel about about believing my dream.

If you don't know what I am talking about...go to the book of Zechariah in your bible and read the first 4 chapters or so. It is FULL of dreams and visions.....WEIRD dreams and visions that God used to speak to His man. I think this was God's way of showing me that I am in good company.

Oh yeah, I will close with another great little nugget that He gave me to finish off my WEIRD morning....

Zechariah 4:6 "...not by might nor by power but by my Spirit, says the Lord God Almighty."

2 comments:

Beth Abell said...

Im so glad that God keeps confirming your faith in Him. Just think how long Abraham had to wait to see his promise from God come to fruition! God is so faithful :)

Steph said...

I think God likes to do things that we consider "weird" because then there is no mistaken that it is HIM, because we would have never thought to do it that way!!!

Still praying you daily!!!

Love you,
Steph