Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mercy Seat

There really aren't words to describe the worship experience at our church Saturday night. The air was thick with the sweet Presence of God. He was there doing what He does best....healing hearts, blessing lives, answering prayers, and relishing the praises of His people.

The highlight of the night for me was singing "Mercy Seat".

If you know the song....just singing it was enough to be blessed. But watching people I love and even those I didn't know making their way to the altar to lay down their burdens and receive mercy was humbling and joyous.

You could physically see people unloading their burdens on the very One who is able to heal and carry them...because we were never meant to.

It was awesome!

I will say that I kept my eyes on my daddy who sat at the back of the sanctuary holding Caroline. I had already told the Lord that I thought it would be another awesome opportunity to heal her.

He chose not to....but the day is coming.

I could almost imagine it though. As we (the choir) belted out praises about the lame being able to walk...I envisioned her jumping out of my daddy's arms and and giving us a tangible example of the very thing we were singing about.

Thank you sweet Jesus for your mercy on me. There is more than enough...always. I couldn't make it through a day without you. Keep me running to Your mercy seat..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea-I thought the same thing about Caroline. I could see your daddy walking with her, and I said to myself "Lord lift her head and let her walk down the aisle." It would have been awesome to see her running to the Mercy Seat! The day is coming!
Love,
Leigh Anne

Beth Abell said...

I'm right there with you :) His presence was awesome in that place! I thought it sooo unique that a teenage boy was the first to come to the alter...that almost never happens. AMAZING time with God :)