Monday, March 15, 2010

Ava's PURR-fect weekend



This was a weekend to remember!
Ava's birthday is not until the 17th but we had a joint b'day party with one of her best pals, Joseph.
Their birthdays are 2 days apart and we have done their parties together every year since birth.

Obviously, you see Ava's birthday gift from us was an 8 month old kitty. We rescued her from the pound and so far we couldn't be more pleased.
She loves people. She wants to be anywhere you are and she is terrific with my kids. Ava carries her around and mothers her to death. She is too cute and her name is Belle.
There have been a few mishaps.....Zeke has eaten some cat food, he has played in the liter, Ava has been scratched (the cat got spooked), the cat hasn't exactly found her liter box to be the preferred place to poop, and Caroline gets tummy visits frequently (literally, the cat jumps on Caroline's belly and lies on her purring loudly).



Here are a few pictures from the party. Ava and Joseph hugging when they arrived at their party.



Ava getting the standard birthday shot with mom and dad.





Random pictures from playing on the awesome playground.
I have forgotten how rough see-saws are the thighs!?!





Thank you Lord for keeping the rain at bay. Ava had a ball making crafts, playing with friends, eating cupcakes, cookies, and cheese puffs. She loved all of her presents and relished the fun in her BIG day!



Ava is my mini-me. She looks, acts, and even thinks like her mommy. I pray that I can help guide her in the paths that God has appointed for her to take....even if they are not what I would choose for her. She wants so desperately to please us. I am asking God to take that gentle heart and draw it to Himself.
My biggest prayer is that Ava would fall in love with Jesus and be secure in His love for her.
Happy Birthday to my 5 year old princess.....







3 comments:

marjorieellen said...

Happy Birthday on Wed. to Ava, and the last picture of her sitting in front of the birthday table, I was sure she was wearing a hat of cup cakes....haha.
Praying for you.
love,. marje

Tess said...

I can't believe she is 5!!!!!! Time goes by so, so fast. Such fun pictures :)

Love you
T.

Anonymous said...

There are a few things about Ava that are like her memommy but don't tell her:>)

I enjoyed you so much and now I get to do it all over again but with much more patience and wisdom. You are such a good mother!

Kisses...Mom