Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Settled

The prayer time last night was like nothing I have experienced before.

God is God and therefore he knows how to make us into His likeness. He has to train His warriors by placing them in the only place that will produce warriors.....the heat of battle.

That is where I have found myself for quite some time....He just let me choose how long I would stay there. I had to get sick enough of dealing with it in a passive way. He has placed within me the desire to fight the enemy. I just have to learn how.

There is no better way than to be around other warriors. That is where I was last night.

I was smack dab in the center of intercessors....people made strong through many battles and still fighting to help others like me be delivered. I watched, observed, and joined in with these people fighting through prayer.

They were demonstrative in every way. They spoke with such authority and took seriously the call to which they serve their God. It is serious business to them.

I hope to be in their shoes one day. I want to help someone else the way they helped me.

I have been saved by faith since the tender age of 9.

This wasn't a war for my soul. The Lord has that.

This was a war for my mind. The enemy wants it.

PRAISE GOD! HE CAN"T HAVE IT!

It is settled.

God came.
God spoke.
God directed.
God affirmed.
God brought laughter.

I actually clapped and laughed out loud during the prayer time (don't tell my Baptist church family)...feeling the release and accepting the joy from the Lord.

I heard what You told me Lord. I am excited about what is to come. Prepare me. Prepare them. Keep me close to You and tuned in to Your voice. I am ready to obey what You have for me to do. I don't want to miss You. I can't believe You would use me. I am utterly lost for words. I know anew that there is nothing good about me. Anything useful is only because of you. I offer what I have....make me strong. Help me fight. Thank you for letting me see and experience Your victory last night. Thank you for James, those 3 precious ladies, my at-home intercessors, momma, and Shep. I want to walk the path You have set out before me...even with my messed-up toe. There are rumblings in the heavens.....I feel it. We want to see You as never before....get us ready. Keep us on our face...our sin confessed before You.

5 comments:

marjorieellen said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

Hebrews 11:6 is one of my favorite verses! Being around people who spur us on is a huge blessing!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Andrea. You are an amazing person, and the Sprit flows from you at all times....My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

The Lord speaks to all His people. Some like you hear His words. Others say they do but do not allow Him to enter into their hearts. Keep professing His words and living in His presence. Your long awaited "miracle' will come to you in His time. Bless you and your family during this journey. The rewards will be multiplied many times over. Amen! Amen!

Anonymous said...

I prayed passionagely for you long before you left the safety of my womb. You were and still are a wonderful gift from God to me... and I don't take it lightly. I will always encourage and pray for you. I left the prayer session with renewed strength, confidence and faith. I believe, I believe, yes Lord, I believe. Momma