Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pooper Scooper

My life as a mother is dealing with poop.

If you are a mother, grandmother, etc...you know the deal.

We start off changing diapers and then eventually we potty train.

Right now, Caroline and Zeke are still in diapers.

Ava is potty trained but she still likes for me to be around during "number 2" sessions.

Anyway, now we have this cat. She is cute, perky, and perfect for our family. But, she has some serious issues. She won't do like normal cats and poop in her litter. We are having to train her. She basically stays in her room unless we are holding her or we can watch her like a hawk.

So.....just another way I get to deal with.....(you guessed it) poop.

I am telling you all of this to build the foundation so that you can laugh when I get to the disgusting nasty part.

Yesterday, I took Zeke to the doctor. Despite tubes in his ears in January, he has a double ear infection. He has a slight cold and his poop hasn't been right in a couple of weeks. Due to this, the doctor wanted me to take samples of his stool and bring them back to be tested.

More poop!!!

So...literally diapers aren't enough. Now I am having to save and store it for the doctor.

(funny part coming)

Today I am in the kitchen making dinner and working on a great dessert for a family in our church. I decided on peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate icing. As I am squeezing out chocolate icing I notice that Zeke has come into the kitchen and placed something down on my counter.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yes, you guessed it! POOP. Dang cat poop! I have a clean house. Where was it???!!!??? I am afraid to know...

It didn't help that I was working with chocolate icing at the time. Don't worry...everything was disinfected immediately. But, seriously, this is just too much.

Alright, I am off to give baths.

I swear if I look down and see something brown floating in the water.....I am done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI...Be careful with the kids touching the cat poop.. If the cat hasn't been dewormed the kids can get worms! Also, a friend of mine got cat scratch fever..

Beth Abell said...

LOL LOL LOL Sometimes you just gotta laugh :)

Anonymous said...

I remember those days with (YOUR) cat...Kitty as we called him. Caleb was little and often wandered into the cat's domain which included the litter box. Kitty always chose to deposit his poop in front of the litter box... Maybe Belle and Kitty are distant relatives :>)

Been there too...like me you will tell this story in the years ahead and laugh. Love Mom

pooper scooper said...

There are touch-free pooper scoopers you could take advantage of. It's really great with cleaning up these nasty stuffs on the ground.