Saturday, March 27, 2010

A flower, some tape, and a ride


I had the opportunity to go to a women's conference at our church today from 9:30 til 12:30. It was great! I am so blessed to have a wonderful church family and the women's events are always so meaningful.
Today was no different...I was challenged and I enjoyed some "girl" time in the Lord.
Anyway, Shep had the kids for the first part of the day.
When I got home I couldn't help but get tickled at two of the sights I saw.
I captured them on film.
First, the little yellow flower behind Shep's ear.
Most of you don't know Shep but he is the ideal man's man. He hunts, fishes, shoots his bow, likes to see things explode, watch boxing and physical combat yet here he was cleaning his motorcyle with this sweet little flower peeking out from behind his ear.
No doubt, the workings of our 5 year old, Ava.
The next sight really made me laugh.
Our oldest daughter Caroline had blue painter's tape wrapped completely around her shoe and sock.
I knew immediately what had happened.
You see she likes to kick her shoes off and kick her ankles and shins against things. It tears up her skin but she doesn't seem to mind.
Well, the tape told me that Shep had had enough.
Sure enough, I was right.
He told her that if she didn't stop kicking off her shoe then he would fix it so she couldn't get it off....and that he did. I think the picture showed his handiwork quite well.




















Shep also decided to give the girls another treat on this awesome springy day.



They got to go for a motorcycle ride on our neighborhood street.
Yes, that is the snuggie and it still works to hold in these big girls on their short rides.
I hope I captured the sweetness and fun that Shep and his girls had together.
I loved watching it!
Lord, help us to be ever thankful for little moments like these. I treasure our times together as a family and I feel so blessed to take it all in sometimes.
I don't deserve any of this goodness yet You have lavished it on me. I love you but not enough, Lord. I put too many things ahead of You. For that, I am so sorry. Thank you for the little yellow flower, the blue painter's tape, and the motorcycle rides....and for the rotten little boy sleeping in this house who missed it all. :>)














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of your sweet daddy. He and Shep are so much alike...I can still see you sitting on his shoulders at Disney World taking in all the sights, rides, and fireworks! Two great men who love their family and their God!

Love Mom