Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Anywhere but here..

Sometimes the scenery everywhere else looks way better than where you are...

We have been battling through our circumstances for quite some time.

We are exhausted on every side...physically, financially, emotionally, and spiritually.

Our bodies are being forced to pour every ounce of energy we have into this run-off race for State Rep. We believe it is what we are supposed to be doing.

Financially speaking...we are like everyone else....we are FEELING it!

Emotionally we draw new mercies from God each day and try our best to live our lives confidently and uprightly before Him.

Spiritually we rely on God's guidance for what each day brings...because we truly don't know what is around the corner.

You all know that I personally wonder and talk to God a lot about Caroline. Her healing is always just a thought away. I really thought she would be healed by now. I can't believe she is about to start 2nd grade. I ask God...again. "Are you sure? Did You really tell us You were going to heal her? When? I feel so foolish. People think I am crazy!"

The truth is I want to do something. Anything.

Maybe if I do something then God will move.....can I just be anywhere but here?!?


I asked God what I should do...if anything. The next day or so my devotional answered my question.

"These words are God's command to believers when they are reduced to great distress and brought to extraordinary difficulties. They cannot retreat. They cannot go forward. They are shut up on the right hand and on the left. What can they do? The Master's word to them is, "Stand still."

by Charles H. Spurgeon out of Morning and Evening

Exodus 14:13 "Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord."

No comments: