Monday, July 19, 2010

Thy Will Be Done...

Here I sit wondering what life will feel like at this time tomorrow.

It is July 19th, 2010.

The eve of election day.

Over 2 months ago we followed in obedience as God lead us to throw our hats in the ring as Shep decided to run for State Representative of District 14.

It has been one crazy ride.

Exhausting.
Exhilarating.
Frustrating.
Fun.

We have knocked on doors.....walked hot and rainy streets....shaken lots of hands....held signs.....cheered during speeches...been chased by dogs....put up signs....knocked on more doors....made lots of phone calls....and met some pretty amazing folks.

Shep and I will go to bed tonight knowing that we did as God asked of us. That will help me to rest well.

The outcome is in His hands....not ours.

Shep and I have prayed fervently over these past few weeks that God's person would win....even if that is NOT us.

Don't get me wrong....we WANT to win.

But Shep and I would both tell you that we want what HE wants for us....more than what we want for ourselves.

This race has given me much grace and perspective for those currently serving in elected positions and those running for them. It is hard work...it takes THICK skin, lots of sacrifice, unbelievable friends and family who work tirelessly and a genuine love for people and your country.

I have found myself praying for our opponents and their families because I have a better grasp of what they are experiencing and I appreciate their effort.


God, thank you for the strength and courage you have given over these past 2 months. Your Hand of provision has met us at each and every turn. We pray again that Your will would be done....that Your man for this position would win. Thank you for the many people who have supported us, prayed for us, encouraged us, sweated for us, and worked like crazy behind the scenes. Give us ALL grace as we wait for the results tomorrow. Help us trust you whether we win or we lose. Thank you for this opportunity. We have grown in ways that we would have never dreamed of on our own. You have such a keen way of pushing us past the limits we place on ourselves and then You delight in our amazement over what You alone have accomplished through us. I love you Lord Jesus. I pray for my sweet man tonight. Give him peace. Give him wisdom. Let him feel You near. Continue to grow our faith and help us to stand firm on Your promises. We let go....and wait....trusting You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shep has my vote. I spent days reading about each person on the ballet, many had their religions written or said they were Christian, only one wrote I love God on their website, first and foremost, that was Shep.
I sent out email after email to all the others on the Ballet with this question, Will HE know you? not one responded. How sad. In fact Shep was the only one to knock on our door. I praise God for y'all obedience unto the Lord, may the will of our Beloved Father prevail.May HE open up the gates of Heaven and pour out HIS blessings today. May God have mercy on us all?
Elaina