Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Round 2

It is not quite midnight yet on election night and we are facing a run-off.

Go figure....

Don't you love how God strengthens you by showing you what you have done that you didn't think you could do in the first place??? (Did that make any sense??)

What I mean is this.

If you had told me a year ago that Shep and I would have spent the last 2 months campaigning like crazy for the State Rep. for District 14...I would have laughed.

I would have told God that I didn't have it in me.

But He has shown me otherwise.

I was hoping for a solid answer tonight....victory or defeat......a concrete answer.

Instead I got......"There's more work to do".

So...here we go.

The run off election will be August 10th.

There is a lot to do between now and then.

We have to rise to the occasion and trust God again for the outcome.

God, this isn't what I wanted but it must be best. Give us strength. Give us effectiveness. We need You more now than ever. We are so honored to work for You. Show us how to do this. It seems like there is more to do than time to do it. Surround our family with Your Presence and peace....we trust you again. Thank you for the opportunity to serve and help us to do it with glad hearts.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Enjoyed spending the evening with you. Know that you have my support, prayer and physical. Standing with you both as you enter this next phase!!!

Love you,
Steph