Sunday, January 9, 2011

I never thought...

that the flu would send us to the children's hospital.....for almost a week!

Shows what I know...

As mentioned in my previous blog (from almost a week ago) Caroline and Shep got the flu.

Because of Caroline's disability, her little body has had a much more difficult time dealing with and bouncing back from the flu.

I would not have even driven her down to the ER except that she had some symptoms that were a bit scary to us.

The doctors performed every test known to man on our little trooper and the only conclusive news that they can give us is that the flu just threw her for a loop.

So, after 5 days of laying around, praying, thinking, hoping, reading, eating, and diagnosing (you know you do it too) we are finally home!

Of course I have asked God why and so far He hasn't let me in on the reason.

So, I will just trust Him for what I don't understand.

We are thrilled to be home! Our other two kiddos were beyond ready for mom, dad, and Caroline to get home. We are bracing ourselves for some cold and snowy winter weather.

Thank you to all of you who knew where we were and prayed! God heard and answered. He gave us strength and patience during this whole process. Continue to pray that Caroline will successfully mend here at home. She still isn't quite back to herself yet. We are trusting that will come soon.

So long room 323...I won't miss you.
So long 4 flights of stairs to the cafeteria...I won't miss you, even though I need you.
So long middle of the night vital sign checks....I won't miss you.
So long masks, hospital gowns, and gloves....I won't miss you.
So long I V pole....I won't miss trying to work around you.
So long tiny plastic thing they call a couch/bed....I won't miss you in my cozy bed tonight.

So long Starbucks on the first floor in the lobby....I will miss you!!!!

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

To continue your "So long,,,,,,,,so long to the flu that has kept our Caroline feeling so bad"!!!!!!
Thank you, Jesus.