Monday, January 31, 2011

My Turn

Last Friday I was happily working away at Shep's office when the first glimpses of sickness began to hit.

I went from feeling fine to rotten in about 30 minutes.

I kept thinking things like,

"Are my calves aching?"
"Do my arms hurt?"
"Why are my thighs hurting too?"

Then the sudden notion to silently moan fell over me...and that is when I knew...I was sick.

The whole ride home I moaned. Softly and to myself but still.... I moaned.

Does your body speak to you too?

That is always my sure sign.

I never silently moan to myself otherwise.

Anyway, this weekend slipped past me as I avoided as much contact as possible from my family. (We are sick of sickness)

The agenda was pretty much what you would expect with the flu....aches, chills, fever, and hacking cough.

I must brag on Shep.

He just stepped in and took over.
Took care of me.
Took care of the kids.
Took care of the house.
Took care of food.
Took care of himself. Never once complained and just seemed pleased to lighten my load.

I have said it before....but dang...."What a man!"

Today is Monday and things are looking up. We got me the medicine super quick so my recovery time has been pretty fast. My body still feels weak and I tire out pretty easily but it could have been worse. It could always be worse.


Please pray that the two youngest children in my family will not get this flu bug. So far they are the only ones who have not been hit by it.


Alright off to go be a blessing to my family while trying not to breath on any of them....

No comments: