Friday, January 21, 2011

A stolen quote...

Got back from my beach trip refreshed and ready for the week ahead...or so I thought.

It was so strange.

I had a blast. I missed my husband and my family. I felt ready to jump back into the demands of my life.

But as soon as I walked through our door, the demands of my life hung on me like an ill-fitting coat that weighed 500 pounds.

We have had a very strange start to this new year. Lots of sickness in my house. Despite 5 days at the hospital, and a lot of re-coop time....Caroline is still struggling to get back to her baseline behavior.

I don't have an answer for this.

No one else does either.

So, because life is tough and we find ourselves constantly battling to keep our thoughts fixed on Christ so we won't lose our ever-loving minds...God was sweet to let me hear a quote that melted into my soul.

Beth Moore was teaching on "The Patriarchs" and she said, "Easy lives don't make great stories. An easy story is one we want to put down at chapter 3 and never finish. There has to be some near misses, some impossibilities, and twists in turns. Our lives were meant to be great stories!!


God I pray that my life story is one that others will read and see Jesus all over it.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

I felt a sense of relief when she made that statement! We forget that our lives are so much more than what we doday by day....it's about being able to look back and see Gods hand in the midst of it all, guiding us....I'm so glad you are so faithful to your blog....it is truly your story and it keeps me coming back every week! I've always compared my story to a Jerry Springer episode ;) but God has been unbelievably faithful in my story and I'm so glad there are many more chapters to come! Love you so much! Can't wait to be in bible study again with you this week!