Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You Will Laugh








I could not resist taking pictures of this and blogging about it.

I gave my husband fair warning.....

Let's face it, I have been sitting in a hospital room or at this house for days now and God knew I needed a laugh.


We have had our 2nd snow of this season. This is very rare and an unexpected treat for us Georgians.


I will post some prettier pictures of the white covering soon.

About midday yesterday we discovered that our television was not working.

Most of you know the national championship was coming on....so "not working" wasn't gonna be an option.

Shep immediately felt that the problem was that our dish had ice and snow on it and just needed to be cleaned off.

So, he did what any farm-raised, red-neck, quick-thinking, good ol' boy would do~ he taped a hair dryer to the end of a fishing pole and hung out our upper level window to thaw out the dish.

Of course he did need my help and direction so I couldn't resist grabbing the camera to document this feat of brains and creativity.

Well, you can see that my direction wasn't good enough from down below so he had to resort to getting a ladder.

If at first you don't succeed....try, try again.


What was the result you might ask?

This little trick paid off....we watched Auburn beat Oregon. (We were rooting for anyone to beat Auburn! Kind of makes me wish it hadn't worked.)

Anyway, more posts to come of our snowed-in fun!

For those of you still praying for our girl....she is getting a little bit better every day. She still isn't back to herself but we think she will be soon! Thanks so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear my girl is on the mend! And Glad the trick worked.... War Eagle!!!
Heather

Craig said...

Donna is going to be very upset you were cheering against her team!! But, we are so glad you are home! When would ya'll like dumplins and a pound cake?
C

Courtney said...

Funny pictures of a true southerner :). (minus pulling against an SEC team...) Missed bible study this week!