Monday, January 3, 2011

Shoo Flu!

HAVE MERCY!!

It has been a wild couple of days....

Caroline hasn't been feeling well for about a week now. She has been lethargic, whiny, snotty, and running fevers off and on.

Shep started to go downhill on New Years Day. He has a wonderful deep voice all the time but on New Years Day it took on a Barry White tone. (No lie)

By Sunday he said his skin hurt.

So today Shep and Caroline were confirmed with the flu.

I guess God had handed out generous portions of mercy and grace for me today because Zeke began throwing up this afternoon.

Thankfully a sweet friend took Ava for the day (and night) and got her out of this sick, germ-infested house.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Shep was in the bed with chills while me, Zeke, and Caroline were all whining together in our big red chair.

Caroline was whining because she felt crummy, Zeke was whining because he felt crummy and wanted something to eat (however I wasn't really that anxious to clean up yet another puke stain) and I was whining just because I wanted someone to come take care of me. Ha Ha!

Anyway, I am winding down around here. It is 10:15 and I am listening to the peace and quiet of my family getting some much-needed rest. I plan on joining them soon. Right now I am just soaking up the sound of everything being OK. It is the first time today that things seemed settled instead of shaken. That includes my nerves.

If I knew Shep wouldn't kill me I would totally take a picture of him for you. He is in the bed with a sweat shirt on....the hood pulled over his head... and his North Face jacket on. Oh yeah...and the covers are over him too.

Now that is what sick looks like! Poor sweet man of mine!!:)

I thank you LORD for the grace that not only got me through this day but got me through with peace in my mind and a smile on my face. Thank you for the people you have provided in my life to offer help in so many ways. Thank you for Isaiah 26:3 and 4...thank you for helping me hide that Word in my heart. Thank you that Your perfect peace has held me today. I trust You for whatever tomorrow brings. I ask for healing and restoration for my family. I thank you that Ava and I have been spared so far. Help me to learn through all of life's trials...even this one. Thank you for the gift of rest. I ask for it tonight and strength for tomorrow. Amen.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hope everyone in your house feels better soon. Keeping you all in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Love ya!
Steph