Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Helton Double Dip

Are these two precious girls a "hot mess" or what?!?

They are growing up....too fast.

They crack me up.
They warm my heart.
They teach me truths.
They break down walls.
They open my eyes.

They are worth every laugh line, gray hair, and stretch mark I have gained to have them!

On October 16th (hopefully) they will celebrate a pretty huge milestone~ together.
Baptism.

I posted a while back(summer) that Ava and Caroline both accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

They want to proceed with the next step to acknowledge to everyone that they love Jesus and He is their Lord.

Their faith is so precious. I believe God's heart swells at the sight of those he formed in the womb learning to trust Him at such an early age.

Shep and I have prayed that God would draw them early to establish a foundation of love, trust and faith in Him.

So many pitfalls of life can be avoided when we learn to let Jesus be our best friend from the very start.

We are so excited for this event. It will be at Cartersville First Baptist at the 10:30 service. Anyone (especially those of you who have walked this journey with us) is welcome to come and be a part of our family on this day.

I will finish with this.

After we had Caroline and half-way adjusted to life with a very disabled child(years later), we desperately wanted another child.

Many people told us not to proceed in that way. There were a litany of reasons:

It would be too hard.
We weren't ready.
It wouldn't be fair to Caroline.
How would we handle it?
The demands would out weigh the benefits.

But still God said.....Proceed.

By far the very best gift I could have given Caroline, Shep or myself was Ava Ruth Helton.

She was the light in what had been a long dark tunnel.

We were all enamored and taken with her bouncing curls and easy personality. She motivated Caroline like no one else could.....and God knew that.

I love knowing that God used Ava to open the door for Caroline's salvation.

Through our conversations with Ava....we have seen Caroline's reactions and interest. She has let us know through her expressions, modified sign language and enthusiasm that she is on board. What a sweet thing for sisters to share!

Matthew 19:14
but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

6 comments:

Steph said...

I can't wait to witness the baptism of your two very special and sweet girls! They are both so precious to me!!

Love your family!
Steph

Anonymous said...

This is the second time today I have cried during the reading of a specific topic on your blog. This one brought a different emotion. I was reminded of the night you gave your heart to Jesus. I cherish that night especially because of where we were...at Ken's parents house. Parents who loved Jesus and lived for Him openly. They were so happy for you...MaMa "pet" and PaPa "sweet girl" would be with them in heaven. Yes what a day that will be! Love abounds...Mom

Anonymous said...

I am praying that I will be able to be at that service, Oct. 16th at 10:30a.m.........Praise the Lord, what a celebration!!

Craig said...

Oh wow!! How cool a day! I CAN"T WAIT!! Even better that they get to celebrate it together! Just another special bond those two will have together!
C

Ashlee said...

I am so excited to be there for this event. I have come to love you and your family. To witness two percious little girls who are sisters share in such a joyous event is just awsome. Love ya
AG

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story of love! I know God is pleased you chose to listen only to Him. I can't imagine life without my sisters. How wonderful your girls will be baptized together!