Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Ever wish you could just wear a sign that said, "Do not disturb. This person is experiencing technical difficulties. The problem should be resolved soon and they will be in working order shortly."

That is the sign I would wear today. Maybe for a few days....:)

It seems like everything in our world can break down. If a computer gets overloaded...it will freeze up. If a refrigerator, washing machine, or microwave has put in enough time...it eventually wears out. Clothes break down and become threadbare after too many wears and washes.

If left to our own pitiful selves....we will do the same thing.

Shut down.
Break down.
Give out.
Quit.

The Christian life has to be intentional. It must be lived according to faith. Faith accepts what can't be seen.

When I settle for what I see.....I lose heart. I feel terrible. I literally start to waste away.

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Oh God. Hit the refresh button in my life. I feel like I am one step away from overload and exhaustion. Please renew me from the inside out. I need a fresh perspective. Your Word brings life and healing. I know this is true. I know where You found me and where You have taken me. I am thankful for the ways You have worked. I just want to see the waters stirring again. Help me to be intentional in my walk with You. Help me to live focused on eternity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments take me back to my busy years such as you are in now. I've been in "that" place in my soul. Know this...throughout YOUR life YOU have been a true gift of joy given from above that often turned a day of ashes into a day beauty. Just recently I had one of those days with you...YOUR voice, smile and presence lifted my weary spirit and painful moments. I love you...Mom

Scott said...

Good thoughts. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure "technical difficulties" quite captures the picture. I'm thinking a sign more like "Broke Down. Waiting on Heavenly mechanic. Do not attempt to operate until further notice."