Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To know and be known

Knowledge is power.

That is a popular mantra but it is also true.

Think about the things you KNOW.

I know that a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut is going to melt in my mouth.
I know that Shep's eyes find me whenever I walk into a room.
I know how my children smell and what they love.
I know how good a hot bath can make me feel.
I know now what a real friend is.
I know that every Goodwill store has a treasure for me to find.
I know that I pay too much for Starbucks coffee.
I know that walking into a super Target makes my heart beat faster.
I know that singing praises awakens my soul and satisfies a deep desire.
I know that God's Word can heal the broken places in my heart and mind.
I know that He hears me when I call.
I know that hiding His Word in my heart gives me strength beyond measure.

How do I know??

I know each of these things because I live and breathe them. Doing over and over becomes knowing.

Something else I love is being known to people.

I don't mean this is in the sense of popularity at all. I mean that I love really being known to a select few.

Those who have weathered the time-tests and have proven faithful, trustworthy, and true.

I love that I am known (really) to just a handful of people.

I am known as a wife.
I am known as a mommy to three pretty cool kids.
I am known as best friend.
I am known as a secret keeper.
I am known as an accountability partner.
I am known as an encourager.
I am known as a daughter.
I am known as a sister.
I am known as an intercessor.
I am known as a teacher.
I am known as a singer.
I am known as a desperate God chaser.

But there is One who usurps all others.

I am known to the great I AM.

I am fully known by Him.

Every desire. Every hideous sin. Every thought. Every tear. Every heartache. Every ugly motive. Every belly laugh. Every hair on my head. Every wrinkle. Every hope. Every tear. Every shaky step of faith.

I am known....

Ps. 25:14 " The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them."

Ps. 119:168 " I obey your precepts and your statutes, for all my ways are known to you."

1 Cor. 8:3 " But the man (or woman) who loves God is known by God."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love getting to know you.

Anonymous said...

This morning began with anxiety and fears. I ran away from talking about it to anyone (including God). Why I don't know but when I read this blog my heart melted and tears flowed. I am ready to talk to the One who knows me best....My God.

What a daughter, friend and vessel of God for such a moment as this.
I love you...Mom