Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a tiny detail...

So today Zeke and I had to run some errands.

We left bible study. (so good today)

We got to have lunch with two good-looking men. (my man and my daddy)

Then we headed off to the local Wal-Mart. I seriously think my head begins to pound as soon as we pull in and begin the process of looking for a parking place.

After only an hour....we left there and headed to the Dollar Tree. (because, of course, we still needed a few things)

Upon leaving the Dollar Tree, we headed into Sally Beauty Supply. In case you are wondering what I could possibly need there...I will tell you. Hair nets. They do the trick for holding a bun in place for Ava during ballet class.

I must interject and tell you that Zeke has been a great sport. We have only had to detour to the potty once and so far, at least, we were "spanking" free.

Being unfamiliar with the store I had to look around to find the hair nets. Then I had to discuss the different options with the clerk. As I am getting my information and trying to pay...Zeke has decided to peruse the free-standing product table. There are a few other women standing in line behind me. All of a sudden I hear....

"Hey mommy. It's you. Look at your picture, mommy!"

Knowing there is no photo of me in this store. I pause from my conversation with the clerk, turn my head (along with the women behind me) and see what Zeke has found to remind him of me.

On a box is a picture of a pretty young woman. She has a big smile and lots of dark curly hair. A defining feature is that she is African American.

Of course, I am not.

The other women get a kick out of my 3 year old's observation. I already see the makings of a little man who needs to pay more attention to detail.

Seriously?!?

This little boy is with me every single day. He kisses my face. He sits in my lap. He wakes up to my face and goes to bed with my snuggles.

How could he miss this tiny little detail????

2 comments:

Deana said...

How sweet in a world that is so concerned about race that your little man doesn't even notice!

Craig said...

I agree with D! I think it is too cool! I did get a chuckle though!!