Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun at the farm











Sunday was a great day! First, worshipping my Lord with my church family and then enjoying His creation with my hubby's family at the farm. It was smiles all day long. I can't possibly communicate what being there does for me sometimes. It reminds me of how I used to feel when I would go visit my grandparents. My maw maw and paw paw loved to be outside...so do I. I have so many memories in my childhood of cramming as many people as we could get onto my grandparents front porch just so we could sit outside and talk and watch who might happen to drive past us on the road in front of their home. This doesn't sound like much fun to most people but what I would give to have just one of those times back again. No doubt I would be piled up in my maw maw's lap even at the ripe old age of 31....hopefully not getting burned by the cigarette she would be holding in her hand. ( I know she is laughing in heaven at that remark and probably wanting to spank my rear end:>)





My sweet man loves being outside. It doesn't really matter where, although some places are higher on his list. Blakely, in a deer stand, or standing in a stream fishing suits him just fine. But this past Sunday did something for my soul that I know those places do for him. It felt so free and light...no doubt how our Lord wants us to be. Not bound up and stressed by the worries and cares of this mean world. I hope there are many more days like this past Sunday in our future. These are the days that make bookmarks for our memories.

No comments: